The 2019 GMC Canyon is a midsize pickup that was designed with power and style in mind.
Easily access and manage your cargo with the functional and versatile cargo box.
Canyon offers a variety of accessory features to help keep your cargo organized and secure, and make access to it.
-Bed cargo divider
-Tiered storage cross rails
Touches of chrome throughout enhance the Canyon SLT's bold design.
Engineered to Provide a permanent, durable, non-skid surface. Covers the entire bed below the side rails including tailgate, front box top rail and lower tie-down hooks.
Highlights the centrepiece of Professional Grade design – the GMC grille.
Allows easy access to the cargo bed, even with the tailgate open.
The tailgate raises and lowers with reduced effort thanks to the assistance of an internal torsion bar.
Stunning design starts up front with the standard projector-type headlamps with LED signature lighting.
Can be placed in 13 locations to help you manage cargo of many shapes and sizes.
The 2019 Canyon was impressively designed to the finest detail.
The 2019 Canyon’s comfortable cabin is designed with style and purpose.
Premium accommodations and bold design are the foundation of the spacious, comfortable interior.
Canyon seats include dual-density seat foam that contributes to its comfort, while the available heated front seats add to the premium cabin experience.
The soft-touch Instrument Panel with contrast stitching shows that every detail matters when it comes to Professional Grade design (available on SLE and SLT).
Experience an exceptional level of quiet with the expertly engineered interior that includes triple door seals.
The 2019 Canyon combines power and maneuverability to make an efficiently powerful midsize pickup.
Don’t compromise when it comes down to a choice between power and efficiency – the 2019 Canyon gives you both.
Stay confidently in control of whatever you’re hauling.
Canyon’s Duramax® 2.8L I-4 Turbo Diesel engine delivers abundant torque and horsepower—doing it all efficiently.
- 181 horsepower at 3400 rpm and 369 lb.-ft. of torque at 2000 rpm
- Segment-first2 exhaust brake uses engine compression to help slow the truck down
- Includes an integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- B20 Biodiesel capable
Canyon's electronic stability control system is designed to help improve stability by directing and reducing traction loss.TRAILER SWAY AND HILL START ASSIST
- Trailer Sway Control helps keep both your Canyon and your trailer heading in the same direction automatically. It is designed to detect a swaying trailer and apply both Canyon’s and the trailer’s brakes (if properly equipped) to help bring it back in line.
- With Hill Start Assist, sensors automatically detect when Canyon is on a 5 percent grade or more. The system is designed to hold the brakes momentarily, under certain conditions, helping prevent rollback.
Take on your next job with the Canyon’s powerful 4-cylinder engine.
- 200 horsepower, 191 lb.-ft. of torque
- Six-speed manual transmission standard on 4x2 Extended Cab SL or base Canyon models
- Direct Fuel Injection and Variable Valve Timing help optimize power and efficiency
This feature can lock the rear wheels together providing greater power to the wheel with more traction to get you moving.DURALIFE™ BRAKE ROTORS
This Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing technology is a GM-exclusive patented process engineered to harden and strengthen rotors. Duralife™ protects against corrosion and can help double the life of the rotors.
Engineered for responsiveness with the ideal blend of horsepower, torque and efficiency.
- 308 horsepower, 275 lb.-ft. of torque
- Paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission
- Direct Fuel Injection, Active Fuel Management® and Variable Valve Timing help optimize power and efficiency
- For additional control of your trailer brakes, Canyon offers an integrated Trailer Brake Controller. It's located within easy reach of the steering wheel for quick adjustments.
- The diesel exhaust brake system works with Trailer/Tow mode and Automatic Grade Braking to help reduce the amount of braking needed while towing or travelling downhill.
The Canyon midsize pickup defies its size by being strong enough to trailer up to 3493 kg (7700 lb.)3 when equipped with the available Duramax® 2.8L I-4 Turbo Diesel. It trailers up to 3175 kg (7000 lb.)3 with the available 3.6L V6 engine and up to 1588 kg (3500 lb.)3 with the 2.5L 4-Cylinder engine.
Connect from almost anywhere to stay in touch, stay productive and more.
Intelligently placed controls and driver-centric features to keep you in touch, in charge and connected on the road.
Apple CarPlay® allows you access to your favourite iPhone® features such as:
- Apple Music
- Apple Maps
- Use Siri® to send and receive hands-free text messages
The 2019 Canyon mid-size pickup truck helps you stay plugged-in to your devices with up to four USB6 ports and a 12V charging outlet.
The available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot1 (data plan required) lets you stay connected to the Internet right from the comfort of your Canyon.
- Connect up to seven mobile devices at once
- Powerful connection powered by AT&T® or its local service provider with available data plan
- Won’t use up your smartphone’s data plan
Android Auto™ seamlessly connects your compatible smartphone to give you access to the features you rely on such as:
- Google Maps™
- Google Play™ Music
- Use voice commands to access your contacts and make hands-free calls
- Send and receive hands-free text messages
The myGMC® mobile app10 lets you control many of your Canyon's features from your mobile device when you have a paid subscription to the GMC Remote Access Plan.
- Remote start12 your engine (if equipped)
- Check your fuel efficiency, oil life, and tire pressure13 (limited trial period included)
- Send destinations to your vehicle through your smartphone
User-friendly voice-recognition with a touch-screen and available navigation5 allows you to get directions, listen to your favourite music, access your phonebook and initiate hands-free phone calls from your smartphone or USB-enabled6 device with ease. Additional features include:
- Bluetooth® Connectivity6
- Siri® Eyes Free7 available for select iPhone® users
- MyMedia connects media libraries from multiple devices
- Customizable "Favourites" lets you save albums, songs, artists, destinations and contacts
- Provides a view behind the vehicle, which is displayed in the Infotainment screen
- Available trailering assist with guidelines (included with Trailer/Tow mode)
- Higher resolution digital image relative to an analog Rear Vision Camera
- Activated when a second-row door is opened and closed during or just before a trip
- Under certain conditions when Canyon is turned off, five audible chimes and a message in the Driver Information Centre helps remind you to check the second row
Advanced technologies help increase your awareness and help you stay confident on the road.
Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner's Manual for more important feature limitations and information.
If the system detects that a front-end collision situation is imminent while following a detected vehicle, the system is designed to alert the driver to a potential collision. It also alerts the driver if the driver is following a detected vehicle much too closely.
Canyon’s available collision-avoidance technologies are engineered to help you stay confident while on the road.
GMC offers many innovations to help you and your passengers feel safe, connected and confident on the road.
When driving in reverse below 8 km/h (5 mph), the Rear Park Assist System provides distance-to-objects alerts designed to help the driver park and avoid nearby objects directly behind the vehicle during low-speed manoeuvering.
With available OnStar by your side, you’ll feel confident and ready for the road ahead with available features such as Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
Provides alerts designed to help drivers avoid collisions due to unintentionally drifting out of their detected lane when their turn signal is not activated is designed to provide gentle steering input to help keep you in your detected lane.
Teen Driver is a built-in system that helps encourage safe driving habits for new drivers.
- It automatically activates certain available safety systems and allows parents to set limits on other features.
- An in-vehicle report card provides information on driving behaviour to help parents to continue to coach their teens.
Pro Grade Protection
- 2-year/48,000 km16 Lube-Oil-Filter Maintenance
- 3-year/60,000 km17 Base Warranty Coverage
- 5-year/100,000 km17 Powertrain Component Warranty Coverage
- 5-Year/100,000 km17 Roadside Assistance & Courtesy Transportation